Youth Day 2013

On 12th of August we celebrated International Youth Day. A lot of young people gathered near National Palace of Culture in Sofia to celebrate the empowerment of youth and to recognize efforts of the worlds youth in enhancing global society. The idea was to foster youth active participation by sharing information, experiences and impressions about the current situation of Human Rights and European values in the youth field. And we and all the members of Infinite Opportunities Association went there to spread information about tolerance in online media and to build community around non hate speech movement.

Just to remind You: young people, Human Rights, challenges and music are closely connected!

Tommie Smith was 24 years old when he did his Black Power Salute during the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico, in defense of Human Rights and in protest for the racial segregation in the United States and the Apartheid in Sudáfrica.
I had no regrets, I have no regrets, I will never have any regrets. We were there to stand up for human rights and to stand up for black Americans. We wanted to make them better in the United States.”
The Beatles. John Lennon, 22 years old, Paul McCartney 20 years old, George Harrison 19 years old, Ringo Starr 22 years old, when they recorded and released their first single “Love me do”.
You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die” John Lennon.
Hellen Keller was 24 years old when she became the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts Degree, and started with her political activism in defense of people with disabilities, women suffrage, labor rights and other social causes.
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”
Marthin Luther King was 26 years old when he got involved in the Montgomery Bus Boycott, organized to fight against racial segregation on public transport system in USA, and in defence of Rosa Parks (December 1955).
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”
Rigoberta Menchú was 20 years old when she started her fight in defense on indigenous rights.
What I treasure most in life is being able to dream. During my most difficult moments and complex situations I have been able to dream of a more beautiful future”.
Pablo Neruda was 24 years old when he wrote his worldwide known book “Twenty poems of love and a desperate song”.
Love! Love until the night collapses!”

You can be one of them! Be active in making positive contributions in your own community.
 
 




















Comments

Popular Posts